Supervisory Programme Board
The Supervisory Programme Board of EasyWay (SPB) consists in principle of one official high level delegate per EasyWay Member State whom is mandated to engage his/her administration.
Two representatives of the European Services, the EasyWay chairperson, the EW SEC leader, representatives from European Member States participating as observer in EasyWay (like Luxembourg or Bulgaria), and representatives from Non-EU Member States participating in EasyWay (such as Norway, Andorra and Switzerland) will participate, but without a mandate. The current chairman is Mr Stefan Srick, from Germany, nominated during the meeting held on 14th April 2011, at the TEN-T EA premises in Brussels. The mandate of the EW SPB relates particularly to the control of decision making about the EasyWay Programme and includes the following 4 aspects:
- Adoption of the EasyWay Vision, Goals, Road-Map, Deployment Guidelines, Work Plans (refer to chapters 3 and 4), Programme Evaluation and Quality Management Plan provided by the EasyWay Steering Committee (EW SC). Achieve (better) alignment between the Member States, the European Services, and the EasyWay organisation regarding the programme deliverables.
- Strategic Steering of EasyWay by supporting the successful realisation of the Programme Goals and giving direction to the programme executed (primarily) by EW SC and request adjustments from the EW SC when needed.
- Exchange and discuss national and European ITS strategies and plans among the Member States and identify common fields of action
- Achieve (better) alignment between the EasyWay Programme activities and the national activities of the Member States and partners supporting EasyWay’s overall Goals and European ITS harmonisation.
The EW SPB carries out the mandate on the basis of consensus building. In this respect the EW SPB is accountable for:
- The coherency between national and EasyWay perspectives
- The EasyWay strategy
- The commitment of EasyWay Member States to the EasyWay Strategy
- The achievement of an optimal alignment between Member States, the European Services and the EasyWay organisation
- Endorsement of EasyWay fundaments: strategy, goals, work programme
- Adoption of EasyWay Deployment Guidelines
- Supervision of EasyWay management and decision making
- Adoption of EasyWay outcomes: reports and evaluation
The EW SPB meets 2 times a year: 1 meeting during spring and 1 meeting in autumn coordinated with the EasyWay Annual Forum